I was only 5 years old, but I still remember it like it was yesterday, my mom and I went to Florida with some of my other relatives. It was the last day we were there so we woke up early and went out onto the beach before we left. I will never forget looking out into the ocean and seeing the sun come up and 3 dolphins jumping through the water as the sun shines down on them.
Sitting at that table in front of my high school with the two people that made everything possible for me, I was about to sign a letter of intent to play football for Iowa State University. It was the most incredible feeling to finally have all the hard work pay off and even more incredible to have the ones that mean the most to me be there to celebrate and enjoy the moment with me.
It was a summer night when I was laying in the grass out in the country and looking up into the sky. It was my last week before I left for college and I was trying to take everything all in. Think about the things I was leaving behind and what was new to come. Looking up at the stars and being thankful for everything that I've been privileged to do, Its was in that moment that I realized to enjoy life and appreciate all the little things in life that are yet to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment